Monday, March 29, 2010

Get Cultured at the Hammer

I love getting cultured. And I love getting cultured for free - which is why I love the Hammer Museum in Westwood, because all their programs are free. For my Day of the Deal this week, I am attending a documentary screening on April 1 and following the screening, there is a Q and A with the director, which is always super-interesting. This week, "What's On Your Plate?", directed by award-winning Catherine Gund, covers kids and food politics in the New York city area. In the wake of "In the Defense of Food" and "Super-Size Me," this hot topic deserves our attention, and this documentary is supposed to be clever and funny. I'm so excited to check it out and hear the director's thoughts, not to mention that the Hammer has a great happy hour. (I love when my Day of the Deal includes alcohol - love it.) That is why the Hammer Museum always has a spot for my Day of the Deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment